These little morsels are fantastic as a take along in your gym bag and have a similar consistency as a soft cookie. They’re quick to make, portable, sugar free, tasty, and will save you loads of money on store bought energy bars.
Chocolate Hemp Runners Repair BarsFrom nal recipe from my health blog, www.healthfulpursuit.com
* 1/2 cup almond butter*
* 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest hemp protein powder*
* 1/4 cup hemp seeds
* 1 tbsp cacao powder
* 1 tbsp ground chia seed
* 2 pinches of white stevia powder*
*note – you can replace the hemp protein powder with a powder of your choice. If you don’t like stevia, you can replace it with 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and stir until mixed. The dough should be pretty dense.
- Pick up about a 1/4 cup of dough in your hand and shape into a bar. Place the bar on the prepare cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean [mine were perfect at 15 minutes].
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Snacks, Nuts