These simple grain-free protein crepes can be sweet or savory and also make a great gluten-free wrap substitute!
Grain-free Protein CrepesFrom og: Gabby's Gluten-Free; adapted from Carrots N Cake
Yields: 4 very large crepes; 2 servings
Adapted from: Carrots n’ Cakes Paleo Pancakes
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
3 egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Get a large non-stick skillet hot over medium high heat. You can coat with cooking spray if your pan needs it – mine is fine without.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you can combine in a large bowl and use your immersion blender to blend ingredients.
3. Pour batter into hot skillet and swirl around to create a large, thin circle.
4. Let cook until bubbles in the batter begin to pop, gently easing up the sides every few moments, about 3 minutes or less. The crepes are pretty delicate at this point but you will get the hang of it!
5. Flip crepes (they should be slightly golden) and cook on other side until firm when touched, another 2 minutes or so.
6. Fill and enjoy!
- Breads, Tortillas/Pitas